Reading Time: < 1 minute By Suw Charman-Anderson at forbes.com: Smashwords, the self-publishing platform that allows authors to reach all the major ebook retailers except Amazon, recentlyRead more
Reading Time: 3 minutes Should authors and publishers publish for the Kindle, the iPad, or something else? Some of the current options are:
– Print – not going away in a hurry
– Publish for the Kindle and iPad via the Amazon Digital Text Platform
– Publish for the iPad via the iBookstore
– Publish via a third party ebook app like Stanza
– Publish via an aggregator like Smashwords, Lulu, Myebook, Issuu
If you are an author, my advice is to write, create accompanying audio and video assets and by the time you are ready to publish, there will be more than one route open to you.